Monday, July 1, 2013

Single Digits

Well, the day has come. I have officially reached single digits and I'm FREAKING OUT!!! I'm so so excited!!

When I first got my call, that little countdown said 120 days. And today it says 9. How did that even happen?! If it's already been 4 months since I got my call, this mission is already practically over. Which is horrifying. It's gonna go too fast.


I remember asking a friend how she felt just 9 days before she left. I don't remember exactly what she said, but if she's anything like me (which she is) she felt something like this: 

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

Yep. That about sums it up.


Today I also finished 100% the Pre-MTC training, and got my final vaccinations for Brazil! What a day... dropped into single digits, completed training, and got yellow fever and meningitis. OY. Or as the Brazillians say: Oi! Which translates to: "I got yellow fever and meningitis today! Hello!" hahah Yeah... I've also been working on Duolingo. Almost to level 5 in Portuguese! hooray!

3 comments:

  1. Andrea I just love this! I am so with you in my heart and soul. We know exactly how you feel. This is such an epic time of huge porportions for our family! We will be far in miles but will stay very close in spirit. We love you!!! Hugs from Mom & Dad!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAYYYYYY!!!!! And Oi to you too! :-)

    I'm so excited for you, Drea!!!

    ReplyDelete