Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Hello Again! :)

Hello my dear family!!

Another week has passed and we´re already in the middle of August!!! What in the world?! The time is sure flying. We´re heading in to the last week of the transfer and getting nervous about who will go and who will stay. haha we´re hoping to receive another bunk bed this week indicating that President will send two more Sisters here and we´ll both get to stay (we would divide and each take one of the new sisters to be companions with)- but that´s a bit of a long shot but... one can hope, right? haha I don´t want to leave Farroupilha!!! 
Salto Ventoso!!!


This week has been good. As you´ve seen already I think, we went to Salto Ventoso (a big waterfall) with Jen (the American in our ward that I´m always talking about. haha) on Pday last week! It was SOOOOOOOO COOOOLLL!!!! Oh my goodness, I was like giddy. haha there's a part you can walk behind the waterfall and just chill there (literally). You can feel a slight mist from the waterfall but you don´t actually get wet. Which is good cuz we´re missionaries and we can´t get wet. haha It was seriously so cool tho. It´s a gorgeous area and we were really happy we got to go. It was supposed to be a stormy day, so we got lucky.

The last few weeks we´ve been working with a less active family in our ward. They all came to church last week for the first time in over 10 years, and everyone was pretty excited. Their daughter, Karolaine was baptized this week!! We´re still working with Indianara, their other daughter, and we´re excited for the progress of their entire family. I think one of my favorite parts of missionary work is working with the less active members. I don´t know why - there is just such a joy to be seen in their faces as they begin to remember the joy and peace that comes from living the gospel. It´s been good. :)
Karolaine´s baptism!



The ward here is amazing. It´s absolutely tiny, but everyone wants to help! We already have a member to come teach with us every single day this week and - it´s only Monday! Seriously, I´ve been so impressed and surprised at the excitement the ward has in helping out the missionaries. We´re pretty blessed.

That´s about it for this week. The week sure flew by! haha I´ll let you know next week how transfers turn out. We still haven´t made it into the new apartment - it´s gonna be a while it looks like. But maybe some lucky sisters in the future will get to live in the center. haha! 

I love you all so much! I hope all is well! Thank you for your emails and for all your support! I love youuu!!

Sister Drea

PS Oh yeah - and last week, I don´t know if I told you but I taught Gospel Principles! haha and this week, I got asked to speak again in Sacrament Meeting, only this time with like 20 minutes to prepare. haha! I thought of Mom and Dad - they always have to do that on the spot! But... I felt pretty cool. Anyway. The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment