Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Tucanos is Joy


Mom and Dad took Aaron and I out to dinner at Tucanos last night when they were in town for Luau. Here we were in this amazing restaurant and Aaron showed me how to fix a typical Brazilian meal. He was talking all about Brazil - the food, people, beauty - and then we started talking about the increase in missionary numbers of the last few months. At this point, I completely lost it. I was so incredibly excited I couldn't hold it in anymore. I cried longer than 8 seconds and though I was slightly mortified to be crying in a restaurant where servers are constantly coming by - the joy I felt in that moment was immeasurable. It was almost like the Lord was letting me feel a glimpse of Brazil. Almost like I was there. And I can't even explain that kind of joy. 

Maybe I was just a bit overjoyed to be eating real food again too. Either way - pure joy.

The journey it's been in learning more about Porto Alegre and Brazil and truly learning for myself that Brazil is where the Lord needs me has been an incredible one. The joy I've felt in knowing for myself that my mission call is a call from the Lord has been unlike any other joy. It's been incredible and like I said, I can't imagine how I could have thought it could be anywhere else. I am SO excited for Brazil. I'm already so in love with it. 

Who could ask for more?

No comments:

Post a Comment