Thursday, March 7, 2013

Brazil Porto Alegre North

Dear Sister King:

You are hereby called to serve as a missionary of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. You are assigned to labor in the Brazil Porto Alegre North Mission. It is anticipated that you will serve for a period of 18 months. 


You should report to the Brazil Missionary Training Center on Wednesday, July 10, 2013. You will prepare to preach the gospel in the Portuguese language


AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!


 Opening the mailbox

 So so happy it was there!

So happy!! But so nervous!!!

Em and Amy and Bear came down, and Aaron and Paigey and the Hills came over!!
And of course my roommies were there. So great. And the whole family, including Katelyn, was on a Google Hangout!


Opening that call was SO scary. It took me forever to actually open it, I was SO nervous! I hadn't eaten all day cuz my nerves were so bad... ahhh! Those were the hardest two weeks of my life.

I was really in shock for a while. I wasn't expecting Brazil at all, which was weird because so many people from Sequim have gone to Brazil, and most of all, Aaron went to Brazil!! He was SO excited and I definitely was too - I just was in a bit of shock. haha PORTUGUESE!!! 

After everyone went home, Aaron took me out to dinner which was so nice. We got Chinese food. Duh... what else after a call to Brazil? hahah it was Panda Express which is both of our favorites. Or, one of them. Anyways, we talked about Brazil all night long. Not literally. But I got SO excited! Now that it's been a while, I can't even believe I didn't know all along it was Brazil. It's always been Brazil. Brazil is right, and I cannot wait to get there! I am so excited to learn Portuguese and I am so lucky to have a brother who served there and can answer all my questions! Almost exactly 4 months until I leave! I CANNOT WAIT!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment