Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Tomorrow it Comes


Whelp - I'd just like to say that I'm probably the least patient person on the face of the planet. haha I mean, I haven't exactly had any choice but to wait. But it has been SO HARD. It's honestly been some of my hardest weeks ever - just waiting and waiting. It's only been two and a half weeks but it feels like a century has passed. Though, we all know I exaggerate.

My call comes tomorrow. I can't even believe the day has almost come! I began to wonder if my call would ever make it. Pathetic - I know. Some girls wait months for these calls!! I don't know how they do it. I'm so glad I've only had to wait two and a half weeks. But now that the day is almost here, I can't really figure out how to react! 

I'm SO beyond excited I can't even express it. But, I'm also slightly terrified. Tomorrow, I will hold in my hands the document which will tell me where I will spend the next 18 months of my life... Big deal much? ...Chyeah... I guess it's just weird lying here knowing that tomorrow will be a day which will ultimately change my life. It will be a day I remember for the rest of my life. And... it's the day I've been waiting for for my whole life.

I know that the Lord has my best interest at heart and that he won't send me somewhere that I wont fall in love with. In fact, I know I'll be instantly in love with wherever I'm sent. So, why is it still so scary? I am more scared right now than I think I've ever been in my life. But, with faith in the Lord, I'll be okay. With faith in the Lord, the most unexpected mission call will be the happiest call in the world.

Next time I blog, I'll have my call. I can stop being scared and let myself be fully excited because I know this is where I'm supposed to be in my life. I know I'm supposed to serve a mission and I know the Lord has directed my call. It's scary because it's unknown - but it's not scary because the Lord knows what he's doing. 

Now think of your elephants and let yourself sleep. 

No comments:

Post a Comment