Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Jobie Baptized on Dad's birthday! :)

Oi Minha Familia!

I can't believe it's already Wednesday again! But at the exact same time it feels like it's been a century since I last wrote. haha time here is so so weird. 
 
Jobie's baptism day :)

We had our first baptism on Saturday!! Happy Birthday to Dad! :D haha it was such a wonderful experience. Jobie is so incredible - we've learned so much from him. There was a really good turnout from the ward there which was so good too. I feel like we learned more from Jobie than anything else. He came to us prepared, and we just sat back and watched a miracle unfold. That day was truly a blessing. 
 We found Waverly Place!!

We also learned a little more about how the online proselyting will go! Apparently we WILL keep our old accounts and are allowed to share pictures and stories on facebook! We will also be able to keep blogs and mormon.org accounts. I heard that we have to 'hide' everything (pictures, posts, etc.) not mission related on our facebook timelines in order to use our old accounts. That will be interesting... BUT we may also be allowed to use skype to teach friends from home if they want to know more. I'm not sure how that will work. It's crazy. The work in the states is changing so much! All teaching records and progress reports will be on the iPad... so basically we still have no idea what it will be like. But it's gonna be incredible. I wonder if other countries are doing similar things. I'm sure Brazil won't have iPads, but I wonder if the missionaries there will be allowed to do online proselyting also. hhhmmm... so very crazy!
Favorite place along the gorgeous pier in NYC

Teaching has been going well! We teach A LOT. I miss teaching in Portuguese though! haha I've been reading the Book of Mormon every day in Portuguese and that has really been good for me. I think I'm in chapter 8 right now and it's starting to get easier to read without my English Book of Mormon. But words like "wherefore" and "nevertheless" have taken me a while to sort out. haha I miss speaking Portuguese, but I really am grateful for the opportunity I have to teach in English for a while and feel like I'm making some sense. I still don't make much sense in English, but I'm trying. haha 
The far left building with the unicorn horn is the MetLife building, then you can also see the Empire State building and the Chrysler building (far right) yayy!!  

It's pretty incredible to be in New York City on this day. I walk by the new Freedom Tower every single day and I've gotten to see the Twin Towers light the past few nights. It's actually really cool - they have this HUGE spotlight that shines where the Twin Towers used to be - kind of representing the other tower that stands by the Freedom tower now. I get chills every time I see it. This city has been through a lot the past few years. The people are so wonderful though. I'm so happy to be here. 
Cool graffiti

Happy Birthday to our sweet little nephew, Braylon!! What a cutie pie - I miss that little guy! I miss you all. But as of yesterday I've been out two months! CRAZY RIGHT?! The time is flying. And crawling. And all of the above. But even when the times are hard - which they definitely are sometimes - there is joy to be found and I'm grateful for that. And I'm so grateful for the support of my amazing family and friends to lift me up. I love you all!! Have a great week!!
Drea


No comments:

Post a Comment