Monday, April 21, 2014

Happy Easter!!!

My dear family!!
Sorry this email is so late in the day. It's been an interesting week. haha more on that later...
AAAAAND the coooooolest picture EVER!!!!
The train tracks of Victor Issler. Just walkin.    hehe I love it!!!

Happy Easter!!! Oh how I missed you all on this Easter Sunday. I loved hearing about how you all spent your Easters- and thank you so much for sending me your talks, Mom and Dad!! I loved them. I was so uplifted and rejuvenated reading about our Savior and His love for us. It's incredible learning more about the atonement and what it can do for us. There is truly nothing we can't do when we are applying the atonement in our lives. That is something I've come to learn as a missionary time and time again. And I'm so grateful. Cuz there are so many things I'd never be able to do without Him. A mission would be so much scarier. haha
Cool wall in our area with murals all over it! I love it. 

Well, first I have a good Easter story for you that actually happened the night before Easter. So, Sister Loss has been trying to convince me that she has super powers. So we were laying in bed Saturday night and I said "Sister Loss, can you turn off the light with your super powers?" (knowing that if I asked her to use her super powers she couldn't say no - cuz she's been trying so hard to convince me.) She raised her hand up to the light and started kindly asking the light to turn off. She said she needed my help so I joined her - with my hand up to the light. But it was too bright so I closed my eyes. And like 4 seconds later the light started flickering and turned off. I screamed SO loud, almost peed the bed and sat straight up - almost knocking myself out as I nailed the top bunk with my head (I sleep on bottom). Next I saw Sister Colitti standing by the light switch in total shock - having come to turn the light off for Sister Loss. I started laughing so hard I cried, and then we all laughed. Sister Loss said "You never believed in my powers." "Sister Loss. The light didn't go off because of your powers." "...you have no faith." hahaha!! I laughed so hard. Maybe you had to be there. But why is this an Easter story you ask? Because I woke up Easter morning with a goose egg on my head! hahahaha oooooh the irony.

My Easter was... definitely different than any other Easter in my life. Sister Loss has been hurting with stomach pains for a few weeks now. We stayed home all day Saturday because she was in so much pain and Sunday we went to church where - 10 minutes after we got there the pain started again. Luckily the members here are amazing everyone was offering her pain meds but we finally just went to the hospital. So, we spent about 6 hours there Easter Sunday. They had a little 5 minute chat with her and sent her home with some pain meds. grrr. We're still not sure what's happening but, she's in really good hands here. The members are SO helpful and everyone has been bringing Easter goodies and lunch to the house! haha we're getting the royal treatment. We may end up taking her back to the hospital today - I'm not sure. But the poor thing is sleeping now. So that's good. But yeah. I'm not really sure what Easter in Brazil is like. haha So, that's my Easter story.

In other news, I learned the word paralelepipedo this week! It means cobblestone and I think it's my new favorite word. :) Things are good here. It's been a good week - all things considered. I'm happy and healthy and trying to take good care of my companion. I love you all so much and hope all is well for you!! Thank you for your emails and for being the best family ever!
Drea

No comments:

Post a Comment