Monday, September 8, 2014

Sister training, broken beds and baptism

Hi Familyyy!!! :D

Oh how I miss you all! This week has been good. Long, but good. It seems the start of every transfer is just really slow, then the last few weeks fly by. If I could live in week 6 of the transfer... it´d be really cool. I love week 6. Week 2 is always the hardest for me for some reason. Glad that one is over. haha I think it´s just because by the end of the transfer, you get so into a routine with your companion, your investigators, members, etc. and even staying in the same area, there have been a lot of changes since expanding to have 4 sisters. But then the changes become normal just in time to start over all again with a new area, new companion, new members and *sigh* it gets hard sometimes.

Sister training leader visit

BUT as I said, this week was good. haha The sister training leaders came to visit us for a day so we had 6 people in our little apartment! haha It was crazy and I kept just thinking that it was gonna go back down to just Sister Richardson and I, then remembering AGAIN that we´re not companions. haha it´s so weird. Anyway - sister training leader visits were fun and insightful as usual and it was crazy trying to find space on the floor for everyone. My bed broke this week so we already had 3 sisters on the floor and 1 in an actual bed. haha then it was 5 on the floor and one in a bed. Anyway... mission life is always an adventure. They will send us new beds when we get in the new apartment. ha ha
My broken bed. haha! At least I have a mattress.

We also had interviews with President this week! It´s extremely weird thinking it could be my last one. Normally, the next interviews would be right around Christmas time so I don´t know if they´ll push them to be a little before, or a little after buuuut I hope I have one more! It´s always so good to get to set new goals, ask questions and get to sit and talk to Sister Wright for a while too. 

This week, Rodrigo was baptized! We´ve been working with him for about 4 or 5 weeks now? I´m not sure. But he´s definitely been prepared for much longer than we´ve been working with him. He brought a friend to church yesterday to watch his baptism and everything. haha! It was a pretty exciting day. We´ve been finding a lot of new people every week... the work keeps moving forward and ... it´s definitely a privelage to be a part of it.
Rodrigo´s baptism

This week rained almost the entire week, and it´s supposed to rain all this week too. Working in the rain is hard. But at least I have cool rain shoes now. Anyway... that´s your weather update for the week. It´s been cold and rainy - but today is deathly hot. So, I´m just confused. 

I don´t have a lot more to say, but I want you all to know that I love you all so much. I miss you like crazy and I hope all is going well and happy for you all. I have the best family EVER!

Drea


No comments:

Post a Comment