Monday, November 10, 2014

Week 5

MY goodness how the weeks are flying. I can´t believe we´re already in the very last week of this transfer. Next week we´ll find out where I`ll spend the remainder of my mission and boy am I nervous!!
Cartório with Amanda and Rodrigo!

We started this week in the Farroupilha Cartório... the place where you get birth certificates and... mark weddings!!! Amanda and Rodrigo will finally be married this saturday at 10 AM and I am SOOOOOOOO EXCITED!!!!!!!!! An unnamed member in our ward paid for everything and I pretty much bawled my eyes out when I found out. Totally teared up at the cartório and ... I´m just hoping I don´t make a scene at their wedding cuz just thinking about it makes me cry! haha I`m so excited. My entire mission I´ve wanted to help with a wedding, but I always had to leave the area just a few weeks before. But this time... NOPE!  :)  Anyway... Twill be good. 

My Zone


We continued the week as normal, and Saturday we had another Mãos que ajudam project. Which is Helping Hands. We went to Bento Gonçalves for this activity and it was super cool. There was SO MUCH preparation that went into it and hardly anyone showed up. They had a health center that you could do different health tests, a financial adviser, beauty salon, missionary work room, nutritional advisor, and other cool stuff too. And the members had a great time. haha all the missionaries went out on the street inviting everyone to come in. I invited prolly 40 or so people on the street and no one came. BUT - twas a fun activity and afterwards the let all the sisters get their nails done. haha

Mãos que ajudam


THEN! Sunday, Milena was baptized! She is someone who was taught by the Elders a while back and our ward mission leader remembered her family and brought them to church again a few weeks ago! So cool. The rest of her family is also preparing for baptism. :) She´s awesome tho. She´s 16 and I just love her. 

Milena's baptism

Besides that, we just worked our brains out, got nasty sun burns on our heads, and oh, it´s good to be a missionary. :) Vou aproveitar meu tempo aqui porque sei que não tenho muito mais tempo. 


I love you all so much and hope all continues to go well!! Thank you for your emails!

Drea



No comments:

Post a Comment