Saturday, December 27, 2014

I've been here a really long time

Well, my dear and wonderful family, this is it!! I can´t believe this is the last email I will ever write to you all as a full time missionary. My mind is blown. I had my final interview with President this morning and oh what a sweet experience that was. President Wright is a good man. I´m gonna miss them. He talked to me about so many things - so many goals and so many tips for the future. He gave me a blessing and then sent me on my way. It really became real in that moment. I think I might be believing it a little more now. And oh what a strange emotion this is. I have never been so incredibly happy - so incredibly excited and giddy with joy... and sad at the same time. haha
A few weeks ago, my sweet trainer, Sister Weyandt... er... now she´s Celeste... but anyway. She sent me a quote from someone who... I can´t remember his name or really what it said, but a few of the words have been playing thru my head all week as I´ve tried to work harder than ever before, tried to take advantage of it all. The quote said something along the lines of "You´ve gotta soak this all in. Don´t let anything pass you by. You may not realize it now but you´re gonna miss this. You´re really gonna miss this." ... I´m really gonna miss this.
This last week has been pretty tough. It´s been good just ... tough as always. haha I had so many "lasts" that I´m pretty excited to get to have some "firsts" again. Thursday was my very last ever district meeting. Now, I´m not gonna lie - district meeting hasn´t always been my favorite thing in the world because of the practices. So I was spending the morning all excited knowing I´d do my very last ever practices that day. Then I got there and did my practices and everything was about to end and the Elders got up for the special musical number. They introduced it by saying it was a "song of saying goodbye cuz it´s Sister King´s last meeting" and whooosh I burst into tears. haha I had to say the prayer and wouldn´t have even been able to make my English understandable with crying like that. haha I never thought I´d cry over that. I clapped my last doors and felt oh so sad. I did my last contacts and didn´t feel quite so sad. haha! But overall, it was a good week. Like I said, I´m pretty excited to have some firsts.
My companion is pretty sad cuz we just found out that we´ll close our area with me leaving. Ketlin and Tiago will be married and baptized next week so ... she´s a little devastated to be missing that. Sometimes mission life is hard-- HAH that´s a joke. It´s always hard. But anyway, we´re not really sure what to do. But everything always works out.
I don´t know what much else to say except for that I´m so so grateful to all of you for all your help and advice, emails, letters and packages over this past year and a half. I have been such a spoiled missionary. I´ve learned so much. My relationship with my Savior has grown more than I could have ever imagined. I´ve seen so many miracles, made so many friends, and I´m so grateful for all of it. Even the hard times. I can´t even express the gratitude I feel for this last year and a half of my life. This church is true. The Lord himself put it on the Earth. We are so blessed to be a part of it.
I don´t have much time, but I hope you all know I love you so much! I am so so excited to see and talk to you all day after tomorrow!!! :D I LOVE YOU!!

Love,
Sister King

PS.  These words have also been playing thru my head - I don´t know the song but I love the words. haha

I’m coming home
I’m coming home
Tell the World I’m coming home
Let the rain wash away all the pain of yesterday
I know my kingdom awaits and they’ve forgiven my mistakes
I’m coming home, I’m coming home
Tell the World that I’m coming
I´M COMING HOOOOOOOMEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment