Tuesday, February 18, 2014

I love my family

Oi Familia!

Well, another week gone by. And again I don´t have a lot to say. haha :( I guess it´s that time of the mission when everything is blurring together and nothing seems new. But... it´s good. haha
Sister Pasini's birthday!  Bishop brought a cake and birthday
hats so we had a little party! :)

This week we found a girl named Geyciara. Someone gave us "their" address which was not actually their address but turned out to be the home of Geyciara and her family. She´s 20 and lives with her mom and younger brothers and she is SO COOL! She´s studying to be a Speech Pathologist... and maybe that´s why I love her. haha But really, we´ve met with her twice and we´re pretty excited. I don´t know how things will turn out, but if nothing else, she´s a bright light in Passo Fundo and that´s happy.
We took Sister Pasini bowling on Pday

The work this week was slow. But, I´m learning that when it doesn´t look like you´re doing anything good, when every day starts to blur... you can either get down and droopy - not excited about anything, or you can find joy in the little things. Like meeting someone in Brazil who is studying Speech Pathology. :) And finding 14 coke caps on the street in one day which all have points on them that you can trade for little Copa Do Mundo (world cup) prizes. :) haha yeah... that was fun.
Fun Stuff!

I heard a scripture this week that I loved. 2 Nephi 31:20. "Wherefore, ye must almost press forward with a steadfastness in Christ, having an almost perfect brightness of hope, and a love of God and of almost all men. Wherefore, if ye shall almost press forward, almost feasting upon the word of Christ, and almost endure to the end, behold, thus saith the Father: Ye shall almost have eternal life." Now, obviously that´s not how the scripture goes. :) But I liked the meaning that if we feast on the word... study our scriptures almost every day, love almost all men, almost press forward in faith and hope... we´ll only almost get Eternal Life. And... almost eternal life isn´t eternal life. haha We must whole heartedly press forward doing all we can to endure to the end and only then can we receive actual eternal life. :) 

I love my family. I can´t even tell you how much I miss you all. I hope you are happy and healthy and that all is well. Thank you for your emails!


Drea

No comments:

Post a Comment