Monday, March 17, 2014

Transfers and Technology

Hello Family!!

It´s a transfer day so things are crazy as usual! Sister Pasini was transfered so ... that´s about all I know. haha I`ll find out who my new companion is tomorrow and well... yep! Another sister in our house was transfered so I don´t have to buy transport to Porto Alegre and back - which is really nice. So I won´t find out who my companion is until the other sisters arrive in Passo Fundo tomorrow evening. haha crazy world!

This week was rough. We both got sick, but I was at the beginning of the week and she was at the end of the week so ... working was just rough the entire week. haha We´re doing better now, so that´s good. But man... I´m glad that week is over. I´m excited to start a new transfer! 
Missionaries in our ward and the Bishop

Also as of this week - the Brasil Porto Alegre North Mission is officially authorized to use... *drumroll please* ... are you ready for this? ... Pass Along Cards!!!! hahah yeah... not what I was hoping for either. To be honest I didn´t even know we weren´t allowed to use pass along cards. oops. But everyone is really excited that we´ll be getting them soon so... we´ll see. It kind of makes me laugh. Technology advancement in missionary work, I tell you what! :P
This is my district

This week we found a really cool family. We knocked their door and I thought she only let me in because I looked like, and sounded like I was gonna die. But when we walked in their house we saw pictures of the temple on the wall! haha turns out they´re members and so incredibly wonderful. They have a 9 year old daughter, Mayra that they´ve asked us to prepare for baptism, so that´s exciting. :) I hope we can work with them and help them come back. They know it´s true. They just need a little push. haha 

Cool sky before the storm here! Seriously, it´s so weird.
The sky turns PITCH black. It´s crazy
We also had lunch this week with the American who moved into our ward and his wife! He made omlettes and hashbrowns!! I was in heaven. The Elders and Sister Pasini all tried to speak English thru lunch and it was so happy! I haven´t heard any of them speak English. haha not gonna lie - it felt good to be the one who could communicate. haha 

Anyway... that´s my week. It´s been good. I´m anxious to know who my next comp will be... I´m sorry you guys have to wait an entire week to know! haha BUT... things are good. I love you all so much and I miss you like crazy! I hope all is well for you guys. :)


Drea

PS.  We think one of our neighbors apartments caught fire this week because our house was FILLED with smoke and still smells awful. That or their churrasco went entirely wrong. It´s gross. All my clothes smell bad. UGH.

No comments:

Post a Comment