Monday, October 6, 2014

transfers

Well, this LAN house is closing right now for lunch so I don´t actually have much time to write an email yet but I just thought I´d get on really quick to let you in on the news of transfers! We really only came to this LAN house cuz it´s closer to our house but we knew it would close for lunch. Anyway... you ready?

SISTER KINGEY VAI FICAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D Somebody up above must love me a lot because I get a third transfer in Farroupilha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D I can´t even hardly believe it. I´ve NEVER stayed a third transfer and I am SO STOKED!!!!! I may possibly get to stay in Farroupilha until the end of my mission. I am so so blessed! I was so completely stressed out, I wanted to stay SO BAD! And now I just .... AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! hahah Okay. I have some good stories for you but we´re switching LAN houses and then I´ll write the rest of them.

Farroupilha chapter continues!!!!!!! :D :D :D AAAEEYEYYYY!!!

Our district last transfer.
Sister Richardson & I were here without our companions.
Both of them were at home sick.
Sleeping on the bus to district meeting... er ... not sleeping.

Hello again my dear family!!

Well, we´ve found another LAN house :) I´m just pretty happy. I think Farroupilha might be closing again - going back to just two sisters which would make me sad. I really hope not. Farroupilha is too big for just two. I would also already know my companion which would just be weird. *sigh* I don´t know why they´d close it after everyone finally got used to 4. But whatevs.

This week was a good one. I´m so glad it´s over tho. haha I just realized I only have to stress out about transfer news one more time in my entire life!!! I don´t like stressing about transfer news. It´s just ... too stressful. haha 

Watching Conference


Wasn´t conference wonderful tho? We missed most of the first session waiting for the bus/trying to find the church building. haha! We had to go to Caxias which is where our stake center is. It was cool to be in a real church building again tho! The other sessions were just great tho - we got to watch them all live which was just what I needed. :) I loved how people spoke in their native tongues! So cool! It was funny cuz Sister Richardson and I decided to watch the last session in English cuz we missed hearing their voices. Then they had the Portuguese speaker and we had to switch the computer back to Portuguese cuz we didn´t want to hear it dubbed over! hahah It was good tho - to hear their voices again. I loved the talk about the currents of life, and I LOVED Elder Bednar´s story! :) So good.
Me in front of an actual Andreazza! 

This week we were teaching a woman we had taught just once before. We went back to see if she had prayed to know if our message was true and, upon finding out that she had not prayed, we asked if she had a desire to know the truth. She said "... nah... I´ve been a part of my church since I was born, all my family is of this church and I will die a member of this church" We explained that we should always pray to know the Lord´s will for us because it doesn´t always match with ours. We asked her "If God himself told you to follow a different church, would you?" And do you know what she said? "No. I´m happy in my church. If God wants something different from me, then Jesus will tell me when he comes." She then proceeded to apologize for rejecting us. And then, it kind of hit me. I´ve always understood this, but in this moment it just became even more real. "I am a representative of Jesus Christ. He sent me here to show you the path He would have you take. You aren´t rejecting me. You´re rejecting Him." He TRIES and TRIES with these people. He gives them so many chances. What makes them think they´d react any differently the next time he gives them a chance? I don´t know... it just blows my mind a little when people wont even pray to know if it´s true. 


Me in front of an actual Andreazza! 
Wonderful Bishop & wonderful Nice!

Bishop and Nice showed up at our door again with another mountain of food!! haha they love us. :) And we just love them. Yesterday, they drove us to Caxias so we wouldn´t have to deal with the busses for conference - they fed us lunch, then drove us back home and fed us dinner!! haha Nice made Xis which is like a Brazillian burger. SO good. She makes incredible desserts and *sigh* it was soo good. So, Saturday they filled our cupboards again, Sunday they fed us lunch and dinner and gave us rides, and besides all that, we showed up at their house and there were 4 presents sitting at the table. They gave each one of us a bracelet with our names engraved on it. :D So pretty! They also gave me an elephant ring. haha I totally burst into tears saying goodbye cuz I thought I would leave. I'm so glad I don´t have to! They just treat us like family and ... they´re so so great.

Presents from bishop & Nice



Also this week Indianara was baptized! She is Karolaine´s sister who was baptized when Sister Richardson and I were together. Indianara has always been more shy and basically asked for no one to be at her baptism and she was finally baptized. :) It was a happy day for that wonderful family. And for us. haha 

Indianara's baptism

I love you all so much! thank you for your emails and for your support! I hope all goes well for you and that you are all happy and healthy! :D I LOVE YOU!!!

Drea

PS.  Whoooooo! Farroupilha is still gonna have 4 sisters!!!!!!! Okay. I can breathe again. Life is so perfect. :) I LOVE FARROUPILHA!

No comments:

Post a Comment